Diabetes, Blood Pressure & Kidney Health Checks & Care in Your Community
Kidney Check is bringing kidney, diabetes and blood pressure checks to rural and remote Indigenous Communities across Canada. Mobile health-care teams will be looking for diabetes and high blood pressure, and looking at kidney health, so that they can find and help fix health problems as soon as possible.
The goal is to help keep kidneys healthy and care for any kidney health problems. The kidney check team will work with each person to build a kidney health plan that includes follow-up care or goals for keeping kidneys healthy.
Kidney Check is part of the Can-SOLVE CKD Network and is funded by a variety of local and national partners. Kidney Check is looking to do as many community visits as possible with current funding and is looking for ways to continue community visits into the future.
Watch this slideshow to learn about how Kidney Check works and what happens when Kidney Check works with a community.
- British Columbia
Information for Primary Care Providers
- Kidney Check Fact Sheet
- Kidney Failure Risk Equation
- Manitoba Renal Program Kidney Disease Pathways
- Can-SOLVE CKD Webinar Series: “Identifying diabetes and CKD in Indigenous communities”
Project Team Resources
- Community Engagement Toolkit
- Kidney Health Introduction Powerpoint
- Kidney Check Community Leadership Powerpoint
- Kidney Check Community Members Powerpoint
- Kidney Check Community Health Care Staff/Stakeholders Powerpoint
- Community Letter of Introduction Template
- Health Director Letter of Introduction Template
- Kidney Check Fact Sheet/Messaging
- Kidney Check Poster, Brochure, Design Files (Change logos as necessary)
- Kids Screening Introduction Video
- Kids Activity Book (Printer Spread) (Reading Spread)
- Post-Screening Risk Handout No Current Risk
- Post-Screening Risk Handout Low Risk
- Post-Screening Risk Handout Medium Risk
- Post-Screening Risk Handout High Risk
- Post-Screening Adult Counselling Scripts
- Post-Screening Pediatric Counselling Scripts