Thank you to all who attended our 2019 Annual Meeting held in Montreal! This year’s meeting highlighted our 18 research projects as we continue to make progress towards better care and outcomes for all Canadians living with chronic kidney disease. We also celebrated our growing community of patient partners, researchers, policy-makers, and operations staff! It was a wonderful weekend of sharing, learning, and connecting.
Friday, May 3:
- The CANA/Can-SOLVE CKD/CSN Joint Symposium took place at Le Centre Sheraton. Patient partners Susan McKenzie and Marian Reich shared their transplant story.
- The Indigenous Peoples’ Engagement and Research Council (IPERC) held a meeting to discuss accomplishments, Indigenous-focused research projects, and the IPERC 2019-2022 Strategic Plan.
- Cinq a Sept – Can-SOLVE CKD’s welcome reception featuring a fun photo booth and giant Jenga!
Saturday, May 4:
- Project team meetings were held to discuss the ongoing work being done on all of our amazing research projects involving our 3 main themes: earlier diagnosis, better treatments, and innovative care.
- The Patient Council Session took place where patient partners shared their stories, learned about the launch of the new KidneyLink portal and discussed the Patient Governance Circle.
- Network members took part in a traditional sweat lodge at the Montreal Botanical Gardens.
Sunday, May 5:
- The Can-SOLVE CKD Steering Committee held a sit-down breakfast meeting.
- For the first time, this year’s meeting was available to all via live stream. The full Can-SOLVE CKD AGM was broadcasted for the benefit of our partners, funders, collaborators, and colleagues who were unable to join us in person. Watch the stream
- The inaugural Barbara Ann LeGay Award for Patient-Oriented Research was presented to Cathy Woods, Co-Chair of the Indigenous Peoples’ Engagement and Research Council (IPERC) Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication! Watch the presentation
- Dot voting was held to vote for our favourite research posters! Congratulations to our winners!
To help us ensure the best possible experience for participants at future Can-SOLVE CKD events, we would appreciate your feedback on this year’s meeting. Please consider completing this brief survey to let us know what worked well and what we can improve.